Monday 15 February 2010

Log book 17

Nik 3rd November 2009

Today we worked on our individual acts. Me, Aaron and Natalie worked on Act one in the morning, with Nik and Sammy directing us. We have progressed a lot from the 1st time we did it. Nik pushed us to the limit a bit, but it made our characters more realistic and ourselves more strong willed.

After lunch we worked on Act three, and it has come a long way. Nik gave great direction, to benefit us and the act. Or was I dreaming? Yes. Not only does the act lack feeling, but we are all acting like ourselves, and most of us still use our script. Nik had sympathy for Dan (who plays Danforth) as he has lines back and forth through the whole act. Only me and Katrice knew our lines perfectly. If we want to succeed we have to step up our game. After a bit moaning, I said "Nik has a point, and you know what I don't need this (I threw my script across the room). If nessecary Amy B or Nik will prompt me." And with that everyone shut up and got on with the task at hand. I felt that most of the session was wasted. We have two weeks until the show, are we commited enough? I'm not sure.


Governor Danforth

No comments:

Post a Comment