Thursday 3 November 2011

Tuesday 25th October 2011

Today I met with my director for a one on one rehearsal. We went through my first scene as Cinderella, composing Stage Direction, how I will be saying my lines etc. It felt hard as I was under a lot of pressure, (outside of the company), and I kept getting things wrong. I felt like I was a student in college doing improvisation. Sometimes you have to make mistakes in order to make things better or to better your skills and Professional Practice.

Also we had to purchase more backing tracks for Cinderella and go over some business for the company (which for copyright reasons I can't disclose information of). We had a nice lunch of Ham and Cream Cheese sandwiches. It was amazing.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Lily,
    Glad to see your feeling better if you are in rehearsals.
    Improvisation is the best form of creativity!
    One can learn a lot from improvisation skills, as it helps to develop the character you are creating.
    I like using improvisation as you come up with ideas which are not immediately your first thoughts.
    Hope your having fun with Cinderella, can't wait to hear more!
    Jacob x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob, I love improv too. Cinderella is going great and it keeps me busy. See you at today's session?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately no! I'm in America until late December!
    But if they mention anything useful, let me know! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot has been useful and everyone in the group has been posting. :D

    ReplyDelete