Wednesday 23 November 2011

Wednesday 9th November 2011

Today at university we looked at "The Networked Professional" with Alan Durrant. There are many ways you can be or linked to a Networked Professional.

* Potential Business Partner/Customers
* Advertising Yourself
* People on this course/Peers
* Collaborating
* Meet people with similar interests to you
* People who may be learning
* Beneficial
* Google!- Type in your specific field
* Promoting
* Browse/Search Professional Network

There are lots of sites or people you have connected with that gives you the seed to your Professional Network. Such as:

- LinkedIn
- Who you've worked with
- Who you are talking to
- Browsing other people's blogs (I.E previous students from the BAPP course)

We then got into groups and looked at examples of diagrams of Thought. We questioned who? what? how? when?

I was working with Corinda, Rozana and Rhoda. We went and sat in the student union and discussed how we would go about drawing up a diagram that explains our Professional Network. We decided that we would draw up our own individual Professional Network, and then have a discussion about each one and bring our similarities together to make up a diagram named "The Networked Professional". We noticed we had quite a few things in common and that we could ask people on the course if they had a contact we could use (just general forms of communication in case anything in their experience could help us with our experience).

So I could ask Corinda what it feels like to have been self-employed with her own dance company, to then being married and having children to coming back to work. I could ask Rozana if she can teach me some moves that I would like to learn. etc...










2 comments:

  1. Hi Lily,

    This has been my favourite campus session so far- Having it all down on paper made me realise I have networked more than I thought.

    It was also definitely a huge learning process as we had a unique variety of members in our group who we could ask questions, which is what happened and we got brilliant answers from each other.

    Don't forget to check out my blog too,

    Thanks
    Rozana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rozana, I have checked out your blog, but for some reason, I keep getting emails from blogger saying that your email isn't valid so the comments can't be posted. I'll try again.

    Lots of Love
    XX

    ReplyDelete