Friday 25 November 2011

Fiddler On The Roof!

Last night I saw an amazing community theatre performance of "Fiddler On The Roof". It was in Hampstead. I was truly amazed to get a hands on experience of what it was like to be the audience that I will later use to help with Cinderella. It starred a great cast, and it looked like it had been directed very well. I had never seen the film, watched the play or even read about it, but the way it was portrayed gave me a clear understanding of what it was about. I was glued all the time. And in the end where Chava leaves with Fyedka after being disowned by her father for marrying Fyedka, left me in tears. I was thinking to myself How can a father disown his child when his two older daughters didn't marry well? Yes they married Jews but they married poor Jews and he still accepted the marriages. So why make a fuss about his youngest daughter marrying a Russian? What wrong did the Russians do to the Jews? I will research more about this, and get a clear understanding of why Tevye did this.

A friend in Cinderella's wife was in the production and she did an amazing performance as Mirala and Grandmother Tzeitel. For £8 the play was a good night out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment