Wednesday 30 November 2011

More on the decision I made earlier...

I have decided to leave the "Moonlite Players" after Christmas. Not only have I not gained much knowledge, but I have also worked very hard and left my uni work aside just to be Monika's backbone, and also have been talked about behind my back. It's one of the worst mistakes I have made in my life and I have just had about enough of being pushed and shoved and then Monika talking some of my colleagues behind their backs to me. The stage manager is also leaving with me. This relates (in Reader 3) to the theories of Connectivism and the Communities of Practice. I agree with these theories and I wish that I had read about them sooner. I could of had a full time paid job instead of paying £12 a month to sit around and be Monika's dog body and to not get anywhere. This has been a total waste of time and I am stuck with what to do now because I need my practice to complete module 1. I just don't know what to do.

On a happier note, I am starting a full time paid job the week before Christmas. All will be revealed when it is confirmed.

Happy Wednesday all!


2 comments:

  1. Lily , This must have been a very hard decision to make, but I does not sound like a professional organisation that you want to be apart of particualy with people talking behind your back when you ahve put so much time and effort into your work. I to know what it is like to be unhappy in your place of work and th ehard decesion it is to leave, but trust me you feel lighter and happier when you do leave and can take the expierence you haev gained with you to your next job.

    Congratulations on the new job i hope its a nicer enviroment to work in.

    Hope all is going well, i am trying to get all of my BAPP work done in the next coupple of weeks as i am having an operation on my knee over christmas [I know just the present i wanted!!] so will be un able to work for a few weeks!

    would love to hear how the new job is going

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary, thanks. I'm just concerned it will affect with the writing of task 3. I will be praying for you with your knee op. I'm sure you will sail through it.

    My new job is as a sales negotiator for an estate agents but the love the fact I'm a performer instead of a 6 yr qualified estate agent.

    All my love for a speedy recovery

    Lily
    X

    ReplyDelete