Sunday 26 February 2012

1st time helping lead worship at my church.

Today was an exciting day. I arrived at church at 9:15am today to help set up and to rehearse the songs that we were going to be singing. The songs included Zechariah's Song, Happy Day, Be Lifted High and more. For me to be in the band, is not about performing, it's about giving more of myself to God and to do good for others. I felt amazed by God's presence today (and I'm not trying to convert you). My body felt like it was made of jelly. This has been an amazing experience, and I know that each time I sing in the band, that new experiences will unfold and this will help me with my Inquiry and with my practice as a whole.

I appreciate all the support from you all and from my family and friends.

See you on Tuesday!!


3 comments:

  1. Lily - what are the aspects of leading this service and your community work? Were there similar aspects to the planning and preparation even though they have different purposes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, I will answer the above in a new blog post tomorrow. I'm trying to kill a cold at the moment. Hope you've had a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula, what do you mean by Aspects? I've looked it up in the dictionary but still haven't got a clear idea of what you are asking me. Maybe you can explain tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete