Monday 15 February 2010

Log book 9

Siobhan 8th October 2009.

We looked at the 1st stanza of "Ballard Of Marie Saunders: The Jew's Whore", using some Brectian techniques.

Ensemble: Working Together

Mass Movement

Vocal and Physical repetition

Levels: Physical and Sound

Montage

Alienation

Juxtaposition

Erwin Piscator- Worked with Brecht

Kurt Weil- Composer for Brecht

Both Kurt and Erwin were part of "Epic Theatre" and co-wrote "The Three Penny Opera" originally known as "The Beggars Opera" with Brecht.

Character's in "Ballard Of Marie Saunders: The Jew's Whore"

1. Marie
2. Mob
3. Mother
4. Lover
5. Hitler?
6. Brecht?

Within the 1st stanza we had to look at the last 4 lines:

"The Price is rising for butcher's meat.
The drumming's now at it's height
God alive if they are coming down your street,
It'll be tonight."

I was in a group with:

> Jay
> Dan
> Sammy
> Nicole
> Zee
> Lloyd

We started off with us girls DSC (Down Stage Centre) and the boys USC (Up Stage Centre). Us girls were using repetition with the first line and the guys walking/marching towards saying the second line. Then Lloyd was taken from me and Nicole. Then Zee and Jay held me and Nicole (whilst the 3rd line was being said). Then when Jay and Zee said the last line, they pushed me and Nicole to the ground, and whilst we tried to escape they grabbed a hold of our legs. The rehearsal was great and around 3:30pm we showed Ryan (A music student from Barnet College) (Soooooooooooo Hottttttttttt!!!!!!). I couldn't focus until Siobhan said that we were performing (for future reference I need to think about Brecht's poems instead of how cute Ryan's hair is.) We want some music involved so according to Siobhan, Ryan was the best person for the job. However after the rehearsal I felt like a bear had squashed my knee caps. I have a major bruise on my right knee cap (for future reference, bring my knee supports).

No comments:

Post a Comment