Monday 14 May 2012

Proposed Award Title and Rationale



Proposed Award Title and Rationale

The award title that I hope to achieve as a result of the programme is BA (Hons) Professional Practice in Children’s and Adolescence Performance Education. I am trained as a performer and director with a foundation degree in Drama and Theatre Production from Middlesex University. I have been performing from the age of 13 (having wanting to be a doctor first), and I have a broad knowledge of directing for theatre and acting for film, television and theatre.
I am currently working as a teaching assistant for Razzamataz Theatre Schools. I am based at Razzamataz Hampstead. I love my job and I get a great deal of experience and knowledge from this. I hope to open another Razzamataz franchise in London within 2 -4 years from now. I want to do this because I think that performing arts is the future investment for children and young people. Whilst at Razzamataz Hampstead I will be learning about teaching, being a principal, and hopefully taking a training course for franchising.
I thought a lot about my proposed award title and came up with a lot of ideas (due to the fact that I hadn’t found a job in my profession until just before Easter began). But I feel that this award title expresses exactly what I do at Razzamataz and what I hope to do in the future.
This is my first job in performance education, but I have worked extensively with children for more than 8 years.  I wanted my award title to state education because that’s what I want to do eventually (as stated above).
Over the course of the first two modules and talks with tutors and fellow students I have come to realise that Education is where I need to be. To use my working experience and my experiences of taking performance classes, to help children and young people learn. Talking to one specific student on the BA Professional Practice course has really helped me broaden (but still be specific) to come up with the above award title.



No comments:

Post a Comment