Tuesday 22 May 2012

A Pilot Observation

At Razzamataz, we don't allow the parents to watch the children and young people in their classes. Therefore I cannot do a pilot observation (as it is unfair to parents and other staff and it could make the students uncomfortable). I did ask about this for blog purposes (I already knew that an observation would be against the rules). Below is the email sent by me to Luke* and the email Luke* sent me back.



  • Observation week?‏

21/05/2012
To Sam Razzamataz
From:Lily Corrigan (lilycorrigan@hotmail.co.uk)
Sent:21 May 2012 10:59:55
To:Sam Razzamataz (hampstead@razzamataz.co.uk)
Hi Sam, 

As part of the inquiry I have stated that I will use observation to help back up the information found in the inquiry and the interviews conducted by me. Would it be ok if I observed the seniors classes this Friday? It's doesn't have to be Singing, Dancing and Acting. But the more broader I am with the observation the better for the inquiry. 

I'm sorry to spring this on you. It's been madness last week and it will be again this week. 

The things we need to do to become BA Graduates hey? (laughs)

I will send you the interviews for Cat, David and Casey by this afternoon. 

Thanks in advance

Lily


observing classes‏
21/05/2012
To Lily Corrigan
From:hampstead@razzamataz.co.uk 
Sent:21 May 2012 18:28:48
To:Lily Corrigan (lilycorrigan@hotmail.co.uk)
Hi Lily 

I will forward your questions on to the teachers with your email address and leave it in their capable hands to get back to you. 

With regards to observing the senior class I am afraid I am unable to help. As we do not allow any parents or spectators into the classes I am not able to make exceptions, also with such a small group of seniors I don't want them feeling any more exposed than they already are. I hope you understand my reasoning and the importance of non exposure to increase their confidence at this stage. 

I am willing to help all I can with your studies and am happy for you to write about the Juniors from a spectators perspective or may I suggest you doing a piece about the seniors at the end of term presentation when parents will be allowed in to view the classes. I hope this helps. 

Kind regards

Sam Bradshaw

Principal - Hampstead
Razzamataz Theatre Schools
Mobile: 07875331254
Office: 02081507198
www.razzamataz.co.uk

A Razzamataz Theatre Schools business operated under franchise and
independently owned by Sam Bradshaw.



As a teaching assistant, I cannot go against the rules or I will risk losing my job. And if I lose my job then I fear I won't be able to finish the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment