Tuesday 22 May 2012

6B

For my first tool I conducted a pilot survey and had 1 response but I realise now that I wasn’t talking in the right context. I was talking about drama in mainstream schools and in theatre schools but realised that once I got my job at Razzamataz that I wanted to see what the curriculum was like in a full-time theatre school and a part-time theatre school. Therefore I no longer needed to do a pilot survey (as I could do interviews with the principals and maybe the staff about their knowledge of the curriculum, and more on the ethics of the schools) 

With my second tool I have conducted 2 interviews and I have had an informal interview with Sam Bradshaw, and I will have a formal interview with the principal of Sylvia Young (provided she says yes).

My third tool is some literature reviews (Appendix 10) on the curriculum of the schools. I am yet to obtain these pieces of literature due to a lot of articles being either for or against the schools and they may not have all the facts right. But I have a downloaded copy of the Sylvia Young’s prospectus and I have been reading it. It lacks information on what the students do on a weekly or a monthly basis in both vocational studies and academic studies.

However I found something in regards to my last question in my pilot interview about what it’s like to work as a professional performer/director etc. and a teacher, I did find some interesting literature that links in with it. I have recently finished reading “Judi Dench and Furthermore”.  In this book she has interesting views on the way things work with curriculums of performance institutions and how she thinks being a professional actress is better than being a director/teacher. Because she has had more experience in theatre than in television, I can use her as a valuable source for information on the background of her when she was studying drama, dance and/or music.

No comments:

Post a Comment