Thursday 29 March 2012

Task 4C Part 1





Interview with Fran* 25th-26th March 2012 (via Facebook)

1.     What is it like to work for the Church?

I volunteer to work with my church singing with the worship band and helping to pack away the music equipment at the end of the morning, helping to lead the Sunday school sessions and welcoming people as they arrive. I do this because I see the church as a family and community and think it is important that people within the church contribute their gifts and skills to assist with the running of the church. I enjoy volunteering to help is this way as my faith is a big part of my life and my church community supports me in my faith. I like the fact that I can give something back to them.

2.  How does singing in the band compare to singing on stage?

Singing in the band at church is very different to singing on a stage or in any performance setting. As a worship band our job is to facilitate the worship for the rest of the church rather than to perform for them. So our role is not to entertain or perform as such but is more to lead the music so the rest of the congregation is able to join in and worship as a group.

3.  What do you think the Ethics of the church are?

The Ethics of the church are based on the moral principles written in the Bible. We are called to follow these principles and to try to live a life free of Sin. However we are not called to do this because failure to follow these 'rules' will result in eternal punishment but because God has told us that this is the way he intended us to live and that Sin is what separates us from him and the life he intended us to live which involves our complete health and happiness (and not just out own Sin but the Sin of the world and everything in it which is what makes it so complicated!). We all fall short of this life free from Sin at one point or another but God, in his mercy, sent his Son Jesus to die for our Sins that, in recognising this and our Sins, we might have forgiveness and will one day get to live for eternity in a place completely free from Sin. The moral principles in the Bible are quite detailed but the main one is to love God and to love our neighbour which should then lead us to live an unselfish life in which we put other's needs before our own.

4. What is your life like now you've done BAPP? Are you getting more teacher type work or performance work? Basically has it boosted your training?

I don't feel that my life has any major changes due to the course as of yet but I am now qualified should I want to go into teaching. I am currently looking into getting work as a teaching assistant and having a degree on my CV is useful! I do feel that the research project helped me analyse my outlook on my work and this helped me to become more positive in my approach to the different aspects of my job. So basically I would say that I am happy that I did the BAPP course as I can see that it was a positive thing to do, but that I have not noticed any real changes in my life because of it so far.

*Names have been changed to protect Identity

No comments:

Post a Comment