Monday 19 December 2011

Task 3C Sources of Information Part 1


Google:

I use Google on a daily basis as (to me) it is the fastest, and most specific search engine, I have used. I have online documents, a calendar; I can translate languages and more. Google is important to me because it can be a form of communication, a place to have online documents, and a good search engine that brings results that are to the point. To be honest I can’t function without Google.

Phil mentioned in his blog that “Google. It is one of my first thoughts as a source of information, research, answering a question, and teaching tool.”

Face to Face interaction:

I speak to people face to face all day and everyday whether they are my family, my friends, and my friends on the course, my colleagues in my practice, my connections / networks and more.  This is important to me because I have always wished not to conform to what the creators of Social Networking websites want, for us to use Facebook, Twitter and so on. I don’t gain any information that way. I would rather speak to someone face to face. You can have a real conversation that way. For example, I can’t function if I ring my mum every day. I function better if we talk face to face. That way we can understand what each other is saying, and my questions are answered if any.

Sarah says the same in her Sources of Information “For example, whilst helping a year 7 pupil work on her French ‘er’ verb endings, I was confused and had no computer access and could not find the French teacher to be able to obtain the information I needed in order to help the pupil. My mother was a French teacher for 30 years, so I quickly called her and within two minutes, I had the information I needed.
Sarah Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment