Monday 23 April 2012

The Razzamataz Hampstead, London Launch!!

So Friday 21st April is Taster Day! Come and try our classes for free..... Ok so we wouldn't start like that. We have to give it the Razz touch! (Laughs). So yesterday was our launch, and children and young people (4-18) could have Taster Sessions to see what the teachers, Luke* the Principal, the teaching assistants do and how Razzamataz works. Sally* our Head Office Manager was there and I was really nervous about her watching me work. So the Mini's session started at 4pm and finished at 5pm. This session was run by Lucy*. Lucy* done some dance first (which warmed up the children and got them energised) After this we did some singing in which we sung a song from Wicked. Then we played a game of getting things from the shop for Lucy* (which the children really liked doing). And then it was time to finish.

After which the Juniors, Interns and Seniors started their Taster Session at 5pm and finished at 6pm. (we had 20 minute sessions each for Acting, Singing and Dancing) so they all alternated with each teaching assistant. Dan* teaches Acting, Alexis* teaches Dancing and Lucy* teaches Singing. It's a great environment to be in, as I am learning a lot from my colleagues. I am the teaching assistant for the Juniors, and we started with Acting. With Dan* we got to know each other, chewed a big toffee (which was fun), and made the noise of a motorbike with our lips to warm up our voices. This gave the parents a chance to watch what we do (to ensure that their minds are at rest with the many questions they might have). Next was Singing with Lucy*. We sang a wonderful song from the musical Avenue Q. Now I know that you're thinking. "Are they mad? Allowing children to sing a song from a musical that has bad language in? It's absurd." Yes that theory is true but we sang the theme to Avenue Q. This has no bad language in it at all. Lucy* taught the juniors and I the first verse and the chorus of the Avenue Q theme. The children loved it. We had good fun! After this we had Dance with Alexis*. We warmed up, and done a little routine (which was a little tough for me I might add as I have two left feet.) We done the routine to "My Heart Skips A Beat" by Olly Murs. After this we did a quick cool down (which after the session finished Alexis* said to me "I have never done a cool down that quick before." I said "I agree, it can be dangerous.") But with Taster Sessions it's what you get to cram everything in 15 minutes.

A friend of mine signed up their child after the Taster Session (which was a big bonus for them). I think we signed up about 40-60 children yesterday. (which is a big bonus for the School). Tomorrow is the other London launch up in Barnet. I don't work for Razzamataz Barnet so I didn't have to attend. But I am sure they signed up a lot of children too.

Yeah Razzamataz.

More to come from Razzamataz on Friday.

Till then..

I'll get back to doing Uni tasks.























No comments:

Post a Comment