Sunday 9 October 2011

Rehearsals for the 1st October w/c 30th September - 1st October 2011

30th September - 1st October 2011

We had rehearsals 3 times in the week beginning the 30th September. This was at our director's house. Not everyone could be there due to length of travel, allergies to cats and in some cases no excuse at all. But hey ho, we all have our showbiz "I can't be there due to....." moments at some point in our lives. (Laughs). Things never stopped being stressful this week, but I never seemed to want to burst the cork on the champagne. All I heard was "I can only sing it in this key, if you could find the track for me", "It goes like this, not this", "Can you get this track for me?". I know I'm the technician for the show, but I wish that people in the company would have a bit of integrity and respect towards me. I am not a super human. I am just human, and things take a while. We rehearsed the groups mostly and a few solo's (but not mine, we didn't get around to them until the last day of rehearsals in this week, and besides I wasn't ready to show them yet..)

Later on in the week I rehearsed my 2 solo's which were Rihanna's "Unfaithful" and Duffy's "Warwick Avenue". From a singing aspect my performance was great (with a little pitch issue) but it lacked an actresses performance. So in order to get me there my directors are going to help me.

Part 2 on it's way......


No comments:

Post a Comment