Wednesday 26 January 2011

The last few rehearsals before show days.....

Monday 13th December till 17th January 2011 - the rehearsal process

In the rehearsal process we mostly went over the work we had already created, and just basically improved dialogue. We also tried doing consecutive runs of the show. Ayla, Rozana, Dan, and Amy B created a scene that Natalie and Nuria's could show how Natalie's character Karisha hated Nuria so much that she would kill her. This was done by using a big blanket that Katrice made for this scene. the sheet was played around with and a spiritual physical theate affect was created. I thought this was well thought of and it showd that we can do a variety of styles in this piece instead of just doing naturalism. It just looked like a surrealistic racism/killing scene. It was decided today that Jay and I would be doing more scenes together. When Jay and I came up with some solid material I was amazed to have some of it accepted for once. However I was surprised to find that all the news reports I spent ages getting research on and writing with my bare hands had been cut and written totally differently by Amy B. I’m just going to be quiet and go with the flow, just because it's Amy B and Lloyd's piece and I just can't bear to argue with them. Aside from that Jay and I also continued to rehearse our scenes together but only with limited time due to his commitment to the ensemble and his naturalistic scene with Jo. It's not great but I understand that Jay cannot be in 3 places at once. I’m just hoping (like I've said before) that Amy B and Lloyd realise that we are their friends first and foremost and their actors second. I hope they can learn from this also.

No comments:

Post a Comment