Wednesday 26 January 2011

More of this process for Creating, Developing, and Devising Drama..... Take 1

Wednesday 1st December 2010

Things to do on Monday that are very important (which was said at the production meeting):

To have solid connections between the montage, and Zee placing Jay to his anchor seat, along with Jay and Joanne’s nauralistic scene, my dialogue with Jay (for FTW News), and a scene where Nuria plays the non-religion type, makes a mistake and a sense of changing spiritually to become a proper muslim woman.

We also said (after Siobhan told us we need more stage presense)that we should have some scenes that fill the gaps of the piece. This included having more FTW News scenes between Jay and I, a game of Simon Says with the ensemble etc.

Monday 6th December

It seemed to me that today wasn't getting any better or helping drive the process along. I could tell by some of the faces people in the group were making that they were not happy. I knew that there wasn't much I could do (to save myself from getting into trouble), but I felt bad for everyone. To them it seemed like the ensemble work was being forever stopped and started too many times. To me it appeared to be like we only have a little amount of time left before we perform and we need to get cracking on with it. I can't turn around and say that you guys are horrible and bad directors or a bad ensemble it would crush those who I would have said it to. I'm not that bad. In the end I realised that the directors would sometimes listen to us but mainly listen to our tutors. I've always said this sentence in my head when the tension builds up more and more "I wish they would understand that they should see us as their friends first and not their "actors". I wish they would be more selfless and a little less selfish (because they were not too selfish" All I can do is just be supportive of the group and the process, and just be a listener. Or in other words, be quiet and go with the flow.

At the end of today I was put in charge of writing some news reports and I’m ok with this although, I have hated sitting down in classes doing nothing because knowing our directors if I was doing my essay or writing a blog submission I’d get told off. And I don't want to get on the wrong side of anyone. I would really like to get on with something that can be linked to Jen (my character) Maybe think of another scene that could fill a gap in the piece???

Things to bring:

A headset with a microphone, A script and additional paperwork on a clipboard,and something to write with. (note to self might get a "dummy" laptop to show I am working when the audience comes in. Double check with directors and Michael/Nick if they have a Barnet College one I can borrow)



Tuesday 7th December

Today I felt I did more work and got more involved. I took a backseat and looked at the montage/ensemble work to get an idea of some more scenes for the gaps in the play. I knew that if I got to doing something, I wouldn't feel like my time was wasted or like I'm being a couch potato. So after the monatage was looked at, Amy B and I went out with Jay and Jo into the hallway and worked on the crossover between Jen and Simons first FTW News into the naturalistic perfect home, perfect marriage scene between Suzanne and Simon. I gave a little direction in this as in the first instance of this project, Amy B and Lloyd said that we could make some desicions (after all we are devising on this project). This made a difference into the scene as it began to unfold. I finally felt like I was being put to good use. And those of you who read this (who know me)know that I can't sit still for 10 minutes without moving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment