Tuesday 30 March 2010

TENS PROJECT

As of the 15th of March we have begun our "Ten's Project". I wanted to work on my own and it just wasn't possible, as we were told we had to work in pairs. I wrote several scripts that were good for ten's, but lacked real meaning. Then I had the idea to do a piece that challenged Group Politics and Discrimination against someone's disability. At first it was hard to write, as I didn't want to base it on my own journey with my disability, and on the Channel 4 Show "Glee"s character Artie. I wanted to have a piece that was powerful enough to show the audience that we have to except people as equals. I begun writing the script, but then suffered a writer's block so I was feeling down. But I remembered my personal experiences of being prejudiced because of my disability and started to develop the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment