Tuesday 30 March 2010

Hi

Hello everyone and welcome to my delightful blog! This post is just to tell you a little bit about me and what my next project is.......

Full Name: Lily Ellen Corrigan
Date of Birth: 1st July 1989
Age: 20 years old.

Ok I don't know a lot about me then. Or mabye I find it hard to describe myself? I have wanted to act since I was about 8. I have learnt a lot about myself, my life and things along the way on this journey into Acting. Although Acting didn't come alive for me until I was 13. You see I have a very treasured secret. I am Autistic. No I don't have A.D.H.D or Asperger's syndrome if your asking yourself that question. I have a very mild type of Autism. For instance if it was on a scale of 0-10 I would be 0-1. This doesn't affect my life, my goals, being like any normal female.

Acting has been a big part of my life, and has been apart of the change in me today to where I was when I was completing my G.C.S.E's. I am thankful for so many parts of my life, Acting/Directing being the highest in the list. It has enabled me to have freedom to write, to act so many character's such as Desdemona in "Othello", Dominitus Enobabus in "Anthony and Cleopatra", Susanna Walcott in "The Crucible" and much more. I am proud of my acchievements, because not everyone I know supported me as much as they should of.

I am now on a Foundation Degree at Middlesex University in partnership with Barnet College. This has been a wonderful experience so far. I have amazing lecturer's and friends who understand my disability and who support me in every way they can.

Anyway let's get on to my likes and dislikes.

My favourite food: Pasta Carbonara or my dad's homemade Shepherds Pie!
My least favourite food: Chilli, Brocolli, Brussel sprouts, Parsnips.
My favourite drink: Powerade, Squash, Ribena light, but it's mostly water I drink.
My least favourite drink: Lemon squash, and Alcohol.
My favourite hobby: Singing, Writing lyrics, scripts, books, Taking walks around London, Running and lots more.
My favourite artists: There are so many but the genre's I listen to are:
R'N'B
Classical
Christian music
Musical soundtracks
Movie soundtracks
Soul
Jazz

My favourite directors: Robert Young, Stephen Speilberg, all British directors.

My favourite movies:
Casablanca
Save the last dance
South pacific
Mary poppins
Somers town
Steel magnolias
Mona lisa smile
and so much more.

My favourite Actors/Actresses
Top 5:
1. Robert De Niro
2. Dustin Hoffman
3. Alex Pettyfer
4. Julia Roberts
5. Resse Witherspoon.

That's all I can think of saying, if anyone out there wants to ask me a question (that is professionally related and not personal) then be my guest and comment.

Love in Christ Jesus

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment